Whilst the platform will still be a very closed platform, MLG are making sure that a fixed number of streamers will be able to utilize the platform for their streaming needs. The list of criteria are steep, however and can be read below:
- Professional Team (Currently ranked top eight in the world) OR
- Currently Stream on other platforms and average 5,000+ concurrent viewers OR
- 500,000+ combined Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, and Youtube Subscribers OR
- Event Operator with live broadcast capability
MLG will not be forcing exclusivity on their clients and encourages their potential clients to stop using the service if they don't find it sufficient for their needs, or even experiment and utilize more than one streaming platform at the same time.
With all this said, any streamer or organisation chosing MLG.TV will be receiving a large number of perks which include (among others):
- Ad Block detection.
- 24/7 MLG.TV tech support.
- Dedicated multi-region directed Ads.
- Ability to create and distribute merchandise via the MLG Pro Shop.
The full list of perks and an official press release by MLG CEO Sundance DiGiovanni can be found here.
Image Source: Major League Gaming